First Snowfall in Central Wisconsin

This year’s winter season, as people are predicting it, is going to be a bad one. Well, they predicted it. But I hope their prediction is wrong. Nope, I don’t want to deal with feet of now and blizzardy days. That’s just not fun at all. However, our first snowfall happened here a bit early. Well, not really because last year, I remember it was November 4th when it first snowed. This year, it was last Tuesday, on the very Election Day. It’s not really early at all, but for me, it was already too much to bear. It was only 23 degrees Fahrenheit when it was snowing so it was really very cold.

Photobucket

Our outside scenario on the first snowfall of Winter 2012

It was tough for our student to wait for the bus outside but because she loves school a lot, she didn’t mind it. As for me, I still had to go out and about last Tuesday because I had errands to do and I had my dental appointment, too.

Photobucket

Sneakers and snow: it’s time to pull out those winter boots!

Yep, the first snowfall indeed reminded me that I need to keep the summer outfits away and pull out those winter clothes. And boots.

Photobucket

It wasn’t fun driving in the blizzardy condition but I gotta do what I needed to do.

The first snowfall this season caught me off guard. First, we didn’t know it would snow because we haven’t been watching The Weather Channel as it was the Election that made us glue to the TV set. Lol. I was just thankful that after dealing with the snowy days for several years now, we were kind of used to it already. I went out and about and was able to come home safe and sound. It was a thrilling snow day but I hope it wouldn’t snow again until Christmas! HAH!

19 thoughts on “First Snowfall in Central Wisconsin
  1. Dhemz says:

waaaaaaa…totally opposite jud tawon ang weather dire sa amo Cel…brrrrrr…naman kau diha sa inyo…kalami ba mag hot chocolate dayon.

2. Whoa, you have snow fall already? We are anticipating some snowfall too this week but I guess it won’t happen just yet.

3. NovaH says:

really brrr….. your place is really a colder place than ours….however snows are pretty nice too at night it makes everything looks pure and neat…drive safe

4. Cher says:

drive safely and keep warm. 🙂

5. Lisa says:

that was an early snowfall. I guess you’re already used to cold weather being in Wisconsin. I used to live in Texas but we only have snow once in a while. I want to experience snow on Christmas day and have a white Christmas.

6. papaleng says:

Ever since a kid, dream ko talaga to stamp my feet sa snow. Hope in the near future, matupad din.

7. lencilicious says:

The moment I am waiting here. The weather prediction here in my place is also a white Christmas and might be thicker as it used to be. Snow ball fight and snow angels are few things I enjoyed during this winter season. Not to mention the fun of walking on the bed of snow. Love love love.

I just pray for safety of every one else who have this kind of season.

8. Ria C says:

Driving conditions in snowy areas are really treacherous. Please be careful.

I thought it’s still autumn. After hearing news of weird blizzard storms in the US after Hurricane Sandy (which I happen to experience while vacationing in NYC last Oct), even Canada is experiencing snowfall already. Is it early or just the right time to experience snow fall around your area? I just hope it won’t be bad for all of you there.

I haven’t touched snow yet. Just saw it from afar on mountain tops but never really close where I can actually plop and make a snow angel. However, if the snow is going to be slushy or we’ll be stranded again during extreme conditions, then I’d rather not see, nor feel snow.

9. I always wish to experience snow, make a snow man with kids lol. Faith would always sing snowman snowman in a way falling falling in my head. LOL…

10. Raine says:

wee snow!one of my wish is to experience it someday. i’ve heard though that heavy snow can be quite dangerous so ingat po kayo jan and hope it won’t turn into a blizzard

11. Algene says:

Sometimes I wish I could also experience a wonderful snowfall! It’s one of the reasons why I want to visit my tita in the US.

12. Travelentz says:

Oh! no, your snow is so early there. I am happy we don’t have the white stuff here yet.Its getting cold and freezing my but off.sigh 😉 Drive safely.

13. Lainy says:

Sis! You know how I envied you so much because of your snow over there. It would be a dream come true for me if I’d experience one. Can you preserve some for me, please?

14. fallenrhainnes says:

i wish to experience snowfall too 🙂 But i think i cannot stand that in a longer time cause am a bit Cold intolerant, brrrr 🙂

15. louiseinthehouse says:

Sometimes I wish it would snow here in Davao, lol!

Anna

16. cheerful says:

sounds fun…specially for me na sa picture, tv at movie lang nakikita ang snow, must be lovely to experience it for the first time. 🙂 anyway, ingat-ingat na lang kayo sis, hirap siguro kapag ganyan ang panahon. xx

17. Dhemz says:

tugnawon jud ko makakita sa imong pics Cel…ehehehe!

18. gracia says:

snow started too soon in your area, I think this Christmas or winter season we will not experience snow

19. Engkantadang Malikot says:

Oh wow! Heavy snow for its first fall, isn’t it?

Snows still amaze me even though some hates it! 😀