TT: @ the Foot of the Gateway Arch

Hello Tuesday Travels joiners! I know, I have been so idle in hosting this TT meme regularly and I do apologize for that. Time is so cruel to me that it is so hard to allot some to just make a presentable TT post. However, I feel like resuming right now so here’s the latest that I will publish.

Please link to http://www.3travelholics when you join. Thank you!

Last month, during that travel from Wisconsin to Texas road trip that we did, we had the chance to stopped by St. Louis and enjoyed touring The Gateway Arch at the Riverfront. We were planning to climb up the 630 feet structure but our schedule of going there without purchasing a ticket first failed us. We arrived there at 4pm, but all tickets have been sold out. It was a disappointment to my daughter Triz as she badly wanted to experience what it was like being on top. Anyhow, I’ll try to succeed next time.

The Gateway Arch, taken while we were still driving along I-44 E going to the Riverfront.

Wikipedia described this magnificent structure as follows:

The Gateway Arch is an arch that is the centerpiece of the Jefferson National Expansion Memorial in St. Louis, Missouri. It was built as a monument to the westward expansion of the United States. At 630 feet (192 m), it is the tallest man-made monument in the United States, Missouri’s tallest accessible building, and the largest architectural structure designed as a weighted or flattened catenary arch.Β The arch is located at the site of St. Louis’ foundation, on the west bank of the Mississippi River.

The Gateway Arch visitors: The husband, Triz, Tiara on the stroller, my cousin Shiela and her husband RodΒ

The arch is actually so tall that even from afar, my 24mm lens couldn’t capture it from bottom to top. And because there were no tickets available for us anymore, we just explored the arch’s foot and ground and took a whole lot of snaps of and with it.

The arch’s peak

The arch seal

Love this photo I took of them at the very base of the Arch

Triz and the super towering Gateway Arch

The travelholics; used to be 3 but now 4!

…and I wanted a snap of me and the Arch, too! πŸ™‚

It was Fall when we hit St. Louis so I have had some pretty good snaps of a Missouri Autumn.

It’s me and Triz with my long-time-not-seen cousin Shiela! We were so ecstatic to finally reunite after over 20 years. She is now based in Fenton, MO with her husband so we will have more time to visit each other in the near future. We spent several years together during our childhood so it was nice to catch up with each of our lives. This won’t be our last time enjoying an adventure together; there’ll be more soon I hope!

This was my third time of stepping foot on this magnificent and enormous attraction in St. Louis. The first two– the husband and I didn’t have our daughters yet. Now, it’s more delightful to check out a great place because there’s not only me and the husband who’ll enjoy but also our super travel junkie daughters.

You can check the Gateway Arch here if you have inquiries or you want a virtual tour.

30 thoughts on “TT: @ the Foot of the Gateway Arch
  1. Deli says:

Hello Sis! I’m glad Tuesday Travels is back πŸ™‚ The arch looks enormous to me. Hope I could check it out myself some day soon πŸ™‚

2. jheylo says:

that’s a wonderful place. I like the picture of triz with that gateway arch. wish to visit this place someday πŸ™‚

3. SassyChick says:

The gateway arch looks majestic!…gusto pud ko makasuroy diha someday…pa-picture pud daun arun naay remembrance…ahehe

4. Nova S says:

hala ka nice oi, murag lingaw lagi to visit one of US’s landmarks, no earth intawon ko but thank you cel, for this information, at least naa koy nahibal-an

5. marie says:

very nice pic and background im sure you have a wonderful time together with your family. I like the yellow bacground so amazing.

6. Chie says:

Hala pwede mosaka ani nga Arch gwapz? It is so brave of Triz to think of experiencing the climb up to the top of the this arch. I love that photo of you with your whole family gwapz..the 4 Travelholics

7. gracia says:

That’s a gigantic arch, it makes me feel sick just looking at its height, yeah I’m a wimp with heights.

8. Bless says:

Have been to Missouri but did not stop by at the gateway arch. One of the places that I wanted to visit one day.

9. teJan says:

oy wow! I never heard this until now, heheh, I’m indeed a traveler because after finding such creation and history, it always excite me to dream and look forward on the day I can somehow visit the said place! Amazing Arc! Envy you sissy.. hehe, thanks for sharing!

10. Arlene says:

oh no my first comment did not went through. what i was saying was lingaw kaayo mo lantawon sa inyong picture. the 3 of you with the whole arch behind is a perfect photo. i love the one of triz too at the base and the arch towering above her. ^^

11. Adin U. Blankenship says:

I know I said mo apil ko mommy pero wala pa jud ko kabalik ug apil. Sige lang kay inig naa nako ikashare sa TT mo apil jud ko… hopefully next week na. We were here like 3 to 4 years ago. Agoy dugay2x naman diay mi nakabisita diria. hehehe.. Lovely photos mommy. Sa ka claustrophobic nako wala ko ni agree na mo sakay sa sikip na elevator going up to the very highest point of the arch and sa tunga2x jud sa arch kay basin nya makyapan ko pastilan.

12. Ria C says:

Beautiful snaps! I want to visit Missouri too on a longer vacation to the US next time. There’s just so much to see in the US and 1 month-long vacation is never enough. Maybe when I retire from work, I’ll hope form one state to the other πŸ™‚

13. Wow!! beautiful landmarks like that always amazed me and and at the same time it made me wish that someday i will come to see them in real.

14. Cher says:

that is sure one gigantic and beautiful arch! i would love to see it in person. πŸ™‚

15. Nancy says:

That’s a really nice place to hang out to, Cel. Looks refreshing and love the colorful trees on the background and of course the main attraction of the place, the towering arch.

16. Emzkie says:

that is one amazing arch Cel! wow. love all your photos! upat na dyud mo. hehe

17. That is so tall! ZParang magmumukha akong langgam pag tumayo ako dyan lol.

18. lencilicious says:

What an extraordinary landmark. It’s nice to know that there are 4 of you now exploring the beauty and charms of US.

19. papaleng says:

Akala ko McDonalds logo.. LOL But I may say that is a very imposing arch. Iniisip ko lang paano kaya kunan ng ID photo ito. nyek.

20. woohoo! that is one towering arch Momi Rcel πŸ™‚ beautiful pictures with friends and family πŸ™‚ Love Ate Triz last pix, she looks like a giant lol πŸ™‚

21. Nova S says:

isn’t that so much fun that the used to be 3 are now 4? meaning the family is expanding, padaghan sa mga gwapa ug gwapo nga lahi, wish to see that humongous arch someday…

22. Jennie says:

Lovely place that is. Most of our loved ones are in Texas. Hopefully, we get to visit them and also Missouri. πŸ™‚

23. louiseinthehouse says:

Nice trip sis, that arc is spectacular!

24. Travelentz says:

We passed this many times but have no chance to stop and take some photos.

25. mtrguanlao says:

That is one huge arch! Wish I could visit it too and have a picture of it πŸ™‚

26. cheerful says:

looks like everyone had fun…thanks for sharing beautiful pictures! also glad to know that you’re reunited with your cousin, always great to catch up.

27. Destination Davao says:

I wonder what kind of pictures you would get had you have the chance to get tickets. The arch seems to be very tall and you could have taken photos while on the top. Maybe next time you can share those photos to us if you have another opportunity to visit the place.

28. Lainy says:

Everyone had fun! It radiates in all the photos. The place is truly magnificent, Sis. Beautiful captures! I can only wish I can visit too. Actually, a replica will do for me. Hahahaha!

29. Emzkie says:

that is one amazing structure Cel. i wonder how can u climb that one? lol. =P

30. Engkantadang Malikot says:

WOW! I was amazed with the Arch gate! Never seen such structure before.